Benefits of Having a Mentor
- Having access to experienced researchers,
especially in the substance abuse field.
- Receiving assistance with developing and
expounding research ideas, hypotheses, and so forth.
- The sharing of personal and professionale
xperiences while writing and submitting a research grant proposal.
- Receiving relevant and up-to-date
information about new research methods.
- Establishing collaborative associations
- Constructive feedback on grant and
- Assistance in the development of a
long-term research and writing plan.
"Research is formalized curiosity. It is poking and prying with a purpose." -Zora Neale Hurston